Software testing has acquired a lot of attention over the past couple of years, mainly because every business wants to have a presence over the internet. Be it a small restaurant in a suburb or a big software developer in Bangalore, businesses is trying to make themselves visible through catchy websites and vibrant mobile applications. More and more companies have started to realize that it is important to ensure that websites and apps remain bug-free and provide services as per the end users’ expectations. This is where ImpactQA, a leading QA and software testing company have come to their rescue.
ImpactQA, through its automated testing guarantees quick and effective testing of software, mobile applications and websites.
WHAT IS AUTOMATION TESTING?
Automation testing involves usage of automation testing tools, software and scripts to execute your test case suite. It differs from manual testing, wherein the test engineer has to manually execute the suite.
BENEFITS OF AUTOMATION TESTING
- Faster execution- Automated testing is comparatively faster than manual testing. Also, it greatly reduces the testing time of upgraded versions of the given product.
- Cost effective- As mentioned before, test suites may require repeated execution. Since each test suite comprises of thousands of test cases, manual execution would require a lot of manpower, thereby increasing the cost. On the other hand, automated tests get executed quickly and can run unattended.
- More reliable- Automation testing is more reliable as compared to manual testing as the latter is prone to human error.
- Repeat-ability- Under manual testing, the test engineer is forced to manually re-execute the previously written test cases while testing an upgraded version of the software, app or website under consideration. As a result, the entire process becomes tedious and time-consuming. Automated testing simplifies the otherwise cumbersome process by automatically replaying the test cases of the unchanged features.
- Greater flexibility- Automatic playback of previous test cases helps the test engineers to focus upon new and important features.
- Quick feedback- Faster completion of testing improves the communication of the project team and provides more time to the development team to fix the identified bugs.
- Faster time to market- Since automation testing shortens the entire testing process; the product gets launched in the market quickly.
- Increased effectiveness of manual testing- Repetitive, monotonous testing may hamper the creativity and enthusiasm of test engineers. Automation testing helps them to contemplate more crucial issues in an innovative manner.
- Increased test coverage- Due to constant improvements in automation tools, automation testing has a higher test coverage, covering more features of every new version of the software.
Automation testing has become more popular than its manual substitute due to the ease, efficiency and precision offered by it. Its effectiveness in detecting software bugs has added more credibility to the entire process of testing.
ImpactQA, which is offering its services to some of the most renowned companies in America and India, provides high quality automation testing services to its customers. Its exceptional testing strategy greatly enhances the quality of the software, thus, making it more enticing to the end user and enabling its customers to strengthen their business.