Why is Mobile App Testing Important for App Development?
A process of testing the Functionality, Consistency, and Usability of a developed mobile application for different companies is known as mobile app testing. Mobile app testing can be Automated or Manual type of testing. The variety of mobile devices is growing every day. Every device has its own whims, GUI’s and processing abilities.
Consequently, Mobile App Testing has become a strategic aspect of every single App Development Process. In the last few years, testing of mobile application has become very important and a point concern for the app development companies. Mobile Testing if done in a proper manner, the number of bugs can be consequently reduced. A proper mobile application testing lets you identify the bugs at the initial stage of the development lifecycle.
Globally, entrepreneurs and companies are gushing to develop mobile applications to capture the vast opportunities for mobile commerce.
Once the developers have fully developed their application it is wise to check whether the app is flawless in performing the various fundamental functions or not. The best personnel id to undertake this is to the expert QA team as they are to scrutinize on the standards and performance of the application. This encompasses assessing the compatibility with the existing infrastructure of the application.
To understand the broad aspect of Mobile App Testing it is important to break it down into a specific type of testing for a better understanding.
● Functionality Testing: Ensures the functionality of your application and reduces product issues including integration testing with service providers.
● Automated Regression Testing: Reduces testing resources of the company via automated mobile regression testing on multiple device types and mobile operating systems.
● Usability and Compatibility Testing: Verifies the effectiveness of the application, including its operability on different carriers and browsers for various smart phones as well as tablets.
● Connectivity Testing: Test the behavior of an application under a variety of conditions, transitions and states with different connections types i.e. Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE, etc.
● Compatibility and Certification Testing: To ensure the content, application or mobile website works exactly the same as detailed in requirements. It also ensures software performance under various hardware conditions.
● Performance and Scalability Testing: It prevents tech glitches and bottlenecks as the user-base of the application grow all while delivering a seamless end user experience.
● Performance and Battery Life Testing: Tests the performance and load time to verify that the application runs smoothly on targeted devices under various conditions- all while minimizing battery consumption.
App testing will help in strategizing on how to allocate resources for various activities such as maintenance, marketing, development branding, and launching of an application. When all this is put to use, it will help to minimize costs and maximize the revenue. A recently estimated 2 billion mobile and tablet users made some form of mobile commerce transaction. With out-thrust only indicating an increase in this, there is no turning back on M-Commerce as it is up to the business to capitalize on this venture and generate more revenue.