SAP S/4 HANA Implementation – A Complete Guide
SAP HANA is an advanced multi-model database system. The software stores data on memory instead of the disc. The high-performance analytic appliance (HANA) allows multiple advanced tasks in one system. One can run advanced analytics with high-speed transactions using SAP implementation services.
The SAP implementation service was launched in 2010 as a modern solution for traditional queries. It helps companies scale multiple activities in a single system. It processes bulk data with zero latency. It manages data in column and tabular form, which connects online analytic processing with online transactional processing.
The multi-purpose software manages, retrieves, and stores massive data. SAP HANA is meant to manage structured and unstructured data. Real-time data management, machine learning tech, and in-memory computation are advanced attributes of SAP implementation services.
SAP HANA supports the digital transformation of multi-million dollar companies.
History of SAP implementation services
The SAP implementation services application was introduced in the 1970s and re-launched in 2010. The SAP portfolio journey included various implementations. The whole history is divided into six major parts.
From 1970-1973 [R1]
The first system was called RF as real-time financials. Later on, it was called R1. There were three main purposes of R1:
- It provided standardized shelf solutions to many companies. It saved time for companies and sorted activities.
- Real-time information in the application.
- Integration meant processing the same data in all systems through the server.
From 1973-1979 [R2]
The technological advancements transformed R1 into R2. The subtle change helped to clean the data. The data collection and management in R1 took a lot of work to understand, but in R2, it had new features.
From 1979-1992 [R3]
R1 and R2 were mainframes and company-based software testing services. R3 was a client/server driver system. It helped companies in the 1990s to go from a hundred to a million. Here are the best attributes of R3:
- The graphic-driven interface on desktops and laptops.
- Cheaper, easy to use, and scales.
From 1999-2004 [mySAP.com and ERP]
mySAP was referred to as the new R3. It focused on major points for better improvements in companies. It focused on points such as:
- Connecting B2B to B2C via the internet.
- Increasing new add-on features in data analytics.
- Integrating niche software into the SAP landscape.
From 2009 [Business suite 7]
The advanced applications came one after another for certain areas. Each transformation added ease to operate massive data. SAP introduced the business suite for ease of business activities. It has several creative tech-savvy features. The main components are:
- ERP: Enterprise Resource Planning is an evolution from R3. It helps core business management, such as finance, capital, and management.
- CRM: The Customer Management Relationship system includes sales and marketing services.
- SCM: Supply Chain Management includes networking for production, marketing, and sales.
- PLM: Product Lifecycle Management includes ideation and production to after-delivery services.
- SRM: Supplier Relationship Management means raw material procurement and whole manufacturing.
From 2015-Present [SAP S/4 HANA]
SAP S/4 HANA stands for various business suite database applications. HANA is a combination of functional and technical advancement. The main purpose of SAP S/4 HANA is to solve the issues from R1, R2, R3, and ERP.
- HANA is the new database system to improvise business.
- S/4 HANA is the updated system for high-speed functioning.
- The Fiori is the new UI approach to increase the application’s flexibility and creativity.
SAP S/4 HANA Implementation
The multi-purpose database system is the best opportunity for innovative business in the long run. SAP S/4 HANA inculcates the capability to scale and bring sustainability.
Here is the complete roadmap for SAP S/4 HANA implementation for businesses. It will help companies step in the right direction.
- Step 1: Business readiness check
The first step reports technical and business analysis. It helps check the current status and operations of the business. With SAP S/4, HANA uses the report to forecast future strategies.
- Step 2: Business requirements
The second step is to prepare the list of required items for future operations. It includes understanding the current environment on the path of the SAP S/4 HANA application. The team examines every step to solve issues in real-time.
- Step 3: Verification of ABVP code
This step checks the compatibility of ABVP and SAP S/4 HANA plan standards. It helps incorporate the principles and measures of SAP S/4 HANA. It includes figuring out arrangements for the optimum use of SAP S/4 HANA in creating business.
- Step 4: Environment architecture
This step includes making a perfect environment for a set of activities to improvise business. The architecture is done with the help of reports and current status. IT department, with clients, designs the architecture for best results using SAP S/4 HANA application. The environment architecture helps choose the right hardware, OS and Lane.
Best Conversion Path
Analyzing and calculating the capabilities of a business can help choose the right path for conversion. SAP S/4 HANA aids in choosing real-life paths such as Greenfield and Brownfield.
Choose the path but check budget limits, monetary abilities, and strategies for the long-term with the SAP implementation services and ECC framework. Let’s read about Brownfield and Greenfield with benefits.
Greenfield in SAP S/4 HANA implementation focuses on a long-term approach to choosing new offerings and strategies from SAP implementation services. It helps in achieving the best results in business.
Benefits of Greenfield implementation
- Redesigns the business plan
- Upgrades the capabilities
- Plus on the advantages
- Digital transformation for attraction of clients
Brownfield in SAP S/4 HANA implementation focuses on collecting small redesigns of business activities. It is a minimalistic approach that concentrates on small-step improvisation.
Benefits of Brownfield implementation
- It takes less time to implement activities
- Cost intensive
- Keeps business process unchanged
- Helps access new features of SAP like Fiori, database, and embedded analytics
Why do companies need SAP S/4 HANA?
- SAP S/4 HANA gives companies various options to test and choose. It helps forecast strategies regarding revenue and overall improvisation.
- SAP S/4 HANA implementation is already tech-savvy, ready, and hassle-free. It creates the perfect path to boost business growth.
What are Real-time Integration and In-memory Database?
Real-time integration means updating real-time activities in the system. The movement reflects on the system in real-time from raw material to delivery. It keeps everyone in-loop.
The in-memory database system saves massive and advanced data directly in the system’s memory. It has eliminated traditional storage techniques. It is built to manage standardized data and balance other mechanical performances and costs.
SAP implementation services with an in-memory database respond in seconds instead of days. The services help in the overall advancement of companies.
SAP S/4 HANA implementation is an essential multi-purpose database application for the business industry. The application has introduced many features and management of massive data. However, SAP HANA has evolved from the 1970s to 2022. It helps in advanced analytics and links high-speed transactions.
The four simple steps of SAP implementation services can help create the best plan for a business.
ImpactQA is a reliable and trustworthy technology partner with professionals and experts who provide quality work. We provide SAP S/4 HANA implementation and testing solutions that is overseen by a group of competent experts who are familiar with the needs of businesses across a variety of industries. Get in touch with us to learn more about our service model.