Best Tools for Website Accessibility Testing in 2019
Most websites have some kind of accessibility barrier that makes it complicated for an individual with a disability to use their site. Accessibility Testing means to ensure that your website is accessible for people with disabilities including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning, and neurological. It is a part of usability testing.
Accessibility Testing Tools
The use of accessibility testing tools depends on the site’s budget and requirements among many other factors.
Here, we have compiled the list of best manual & automated accessibility testing tools for website accessibility testing in 2019:
- ‘AChecker’ is a holistic testing tool used to assess the HTML content for a single web page.
- You can test your web pages by uploading an HTML file, entering the URL, or by pasting the source code straight into the tool.
- Official Link: Achecker
2. CKEditor 4 Accessibility Checker
- This amazing tool helps to scrutinize the accessibility of the created content to the users. CKEditor 4 Accessibility Checker helps you resolve any flaws and ensures compliance with Section 5.08 and WCAG 2.0 requirements.
- The tool has a simple user interface & ensures access to the content without any difficulties.
- This is an award-winning platform has been getting good user reviews across the globe.
- Official Link: Accessibility Checker by CKSource
3. Color Oracle
- It is a free app that simulates several forms of colorblindness by adding a full-screen filter through your OS (yes, it works with Mac OS, Linux, and Windows).
- There is a filter option set to more severe forms of color blindness: protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia.
- Official Link: Color Oracle
- It is a community-built free tool designed to facilitate web accessibility testing by offering developers with a visual representation of problems directly on their page.
- This browser-based tool assesses a load of issues, ranging from color contrast to ARIA attributes, and is based on compliance standards from both Section 508 and WCAG.
- Official Link: WAVE
5. JAWS (Job Access with Speech)
- It is the most popular Screen Reader tool for customers who have lost their vision. Some of the JAWS’s good features comprise two multi-lingual synthesizers Viz. Vocalizer Expressive and Eloquence.
- Works with Microsoft Office, IE, and Firefox and also supports Windows with its touch screen gesture.
- Official Link: JAWS
- Dynomapper is Visual Sitemap Generator of 4 types Circle, Tree, Folder, and Default. It evaluates HTML contents of the site and can generate a sitemap from any URL.
- It imports XML files to generate the sitemap. It also provides content audit and inventory for filtering pages, images, files, etc.
- Official Link: Dynomapper
7. Bureau of Internet Accessibility
- BoIA (The Bureau of Internet Accessibility) has been set up to make the web as user-friendly as possible. The platform has been serving the business houses to resolve their accessibility issues for long.
- It has a simple to understand interface and ensure that the mobile and web accessibility efforts are successful and meaningful for the user.
- Official Link: Bureau of Internet Accessibility
8. Automated Accessibility Testing Tool
- There is no longer a necessity to test, develop, and use an accessibility test suite for your site. Utilize PayPal’s Automated Accessibility Testing Tool to accumulate accessibility testing into the testing practice.
- The tool is famous for testing web apps regarding conformance to the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines2).0 with accuracy and ease.
- Official Link: Automated Accessibility Testing Tool
9. aXe: The Accessibility Engine
- Like WAVE, aXe has extensions for Firefox & Chrome; however, the aXe extensions are more developer-focused. The aXe extension is a really an incredible tool for developers. When you run the report on a page, you get a list of all flaws.
- It works on all modern browsers and supports, static fixtures, in-memory fixtures integration tests and iframes of infinite depth. It is designed to work with whatever libraries, frameworks, environments & tools you have today.
- Official Link: aXe: The Accessibility Engine
Following accessibility testing tools improves the overall usability of the software, which helps to make your app disabled-friendly. Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any queries.