Load Testing can monitor the response times of the system for every single transaction during a set period of time. This kind of monitoring can bring significant information, precisely for stakeholders and business managers, who look for conclusions based on these outcomes, along with any data for supporting these findings. Such type of performance testing can also raise attention to any complexity and issues in the application software and fix these performance bottlenecks before they become extra problematic. As a developer or QA engineer, one can possibly incorporate several kinds of tests into the code checking: integration tests, unit tests, UI tests, and more. Load testing (kind of performance testing) supports testers or engineers to understand the behavior and accessibility of the application. It critically tackles the following queries:
• Do the codes show the desired performance?
• Does the fresh feature that implemented make a notable effect?
• Does the new modification in the hardware configuration execute well?
• Does the upgrading in the environment work under limits?
You may also like: 5 Core Challenges Associated with Performance Testing
Load Testing Tools
It is also significant to pick out the specific tool that best fits your business needs. Examples of these are Loadrunner, LoadView, and WebLOAD. WebLOAD works on any app using NET, Ajax, HTML5, Oracle Forms, and other technologies. LoadView computes performance in real browsers. LoadRunner an open-source tool can easily manage users at the same time.
We can use SaaS-based BlazeMeter with ease scale and run your load tests. You just need to upload your JMeter file, configure, run, and view real-time results in insightful graphs that can store data over time. BlazeMeter integrates with CI tools like TeamCity, Bamboo, and Jenkins.
Agile, automation continuous and integration are not complete without load testing. Lighter versions, Quick releases, and more automation make a good product and create a perfect working environment for engineer and developers. Load test is an inherent part of any continuous integration process. Thus, when you are setting up your automated continuous integration cycle with tools like open source Jenkins, add load testing to your workflow, and with load testing tools like Apache JMeter™ (open source) .If you require to test in the cloud, try to run your load tests with BlazeMeter.
7 reasons why Load Testing is significant have been listed below:
- Highly Efficient — As automation testing is in the cloud, it has become more efficient and flexible resource allocation. We can even effortlessly connect several tools via distinct APIs, getting a singular view of these varied pieces means, even more, saving.
- Detection of bottlenecks before deployment — Evaluating the part of the software or a website before deployment can emphasize bottlenecks; permitting them to be addressed prior to incurring the large real-world costs.
- Cost Cutting — As it is in the cloud and we can run with varied tools like LoadUI Pro, you can without difficulty save your extra time and costs by creating tests that don’t involve expensive hardware necessities and that are repeatable.
- Collaborative — We can grab all the benefits of an in-person office, with a singular view of the entire automated testing, however, without the need to be in a similar place. Cloud-based automation test also signifies that you can pick out when you are running it — Continuous testing? Or possibly any time for checking the reports? Or for load testing its best at your peak usage.
- High productivity in short duration — Speedy results in a short duration of test cycles, quick set up, and deployment. While you are willing to continue to write your own tests, automation testing gets you up and running almost immediately.
- Load Testing is for anyone — Anybody can potentially test this type of testing whenever he/ she needs to, but the results are crystal clear which specifically allows everybody to participate in this critical business matter.
- Customer satisfaction — If the response times of the site are short even as it scales up to a higher audience, one-time clients will be more apt to return to.
In short, performance testing or load testing should be a major priority before releasing app or software. It should be implemented early on in software or application development so as to catch extra flaws and bugs and increase client satisfaction while saving precious money and time down the line.
ImpactQA did performance testing for marathon website like New York Road Runner (NYRR), using Blazemeter. Check how we carried out the testing: Performance Testing using Blazemeter for NYRR