As every developer knows what works in the ideal scenario won’t work in the real time scenario. That’s why you need best load testing tools to help you track down bugs and performance bottlenecks to keep things running smoothly. Performance (Load) testing, one of many valuable test methods you can use before release to make sure that your application is bug-free and runs seamlessly.
Load testing is the procedure of testing whether an app can withstand the load of concurrent users, requests, and data volumes when in use. There are several load testing tools accessible today for all kinds of applications and organization. These tests tools help in the process of determining the reliability, speed, interoperability, scalability and effectiveness, of the program, system, network, computer, or application.
Why do we need Load Testing?
- Load test reveals the significant improvements required before the product is launched in the market
- Performance (Load) testing informs the stakeholders about the scalability, speed, and stability of their app
- Load test, the kind of Performance Testing also ensures the software performance while various users are using it simultaneously
- This type of testing also checks the inconsistency across multiple OS (operating system)
Below is a hand-picked list of Top 10 Load Testing Tools and the key features of each of them. The list includes both commercial and open-source performance testing tools with latest features and download links.
- Apache Jmeter Tool
It is an open source performance testing tool that can be used for analyzing and measuring the performance of a variety of services. Apache JMeter is used for mobile and web service applications. It helps to measure and analyze the performance of a variety of services.
- Open source software that comes with an intuitive GUI
- JMeter is a platform independent tool written and developed using Java
- Highly extensible & supports diverse server types as well as several protocols
- Effortlessly run on any environment which accepts Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Easy correlation through a capacity to extract data from famous response formats, XML, HTML, JSON, or any textual format
- WebLoad Tool
WebLOAD is an enterprise-scale load analysis and testing tool. It is a mobile and web load testing tool from RadView Software. This tool features a complete Load Generation Console, IDE, & a sophisticated Analytics Dashboard. It combines integrity, scalability, and performance, as a single procedure for the verification of mobile and web apps.
- Offered on the Cloud (SAAS) or as an On-Premises deployment
- Flexible test scenario creation
- Supports an extensive range of mobile, web, and enterprise technologies and protocols
- Automatic bottleneck detection
- Simple-to-reach customer support, rReports and analysis data can also be checked remotely through a customized Web Dashboard.
- LoadNinja Tool
LoadNinja by SmartBear allows you to generate script less load tests, decrease test time by 50-55%. It can replace load emulators with real browsers, & obtain actionable, browser-based metrics with reporting and analytics features. It can identify performance bottlenecks immediately.
- Scriptless sophisticated load test formation & playback (with InstaPlay recorder)
- VU Debugger – debug tests in real-time
- Hosted on the cloud, no server machine & upkeep needed
- VU Inspector – handle virtual user activity in real-time.
- Sophisticated browser-based metrics
- Real browser load test execution at scale
- HP Performance Tester (LoadRunner) Tool
This is a performance testing version of LoadRunner. It lowers the cost of distributed load test and decrease the chance of risks of deploying systems which do not meet performance needs. HP Performance Tester predicts the system ability to lower the software and hardware comprehensive costs.
- Effective tool utilization tracking
- Scale from individual projects to a full-scale testing CoEs (Center of Excellence) that standardizes best practices, consolidates hardware, and leverages global test resources
- Lessens the risk of deploying systems using valuable enterprise load testing
- Lower software and hardware costs by predicting system competence
- Determine the core reason of application performance problems completely
- Browser based access to global test resources
- StressStimulus Tool
StresStimulus is a strong load testing tool because it addresses application scenarios that are tricky to test with other performance testing tools. It is a load test tool for mobile, enterprise, and web applications. It evaluates the scalability and web performance of an app under the heavy load. It gathers real-time server monitoring data to identify application performance bottlenecks & isolate web speed problems.
- On-premise or cloud tests supported with multiple load generators
- Easy to access UI and supports all application platforms
- Works as a Fiddler add-on or stand-alone tool
- Multiple secure authentication methods are supported, comprising Basic, Web Forms, Kerberos, and NTLM
- Exports script to Visual Studio test format to help with scenarios that fail when recorded in Visual Studio directly
- Provides in-depth reporting. Generates a test summary report that presents key performance metrics
- Manual scripting is not necessary but supports three scripting languages
- LoadUI Pro Tool
LoadUI Pro by Smartbear allows you to rapidly create script less sophisticated load tests with just a few clicks. It can easily support MQTT SOAP, REST, JMS, and several other API formats. You can access detailed reports and rapidly automate your load tests on Bamboo, TFS, Jenkins, and other automated frameworks.
- Scriptless and sophisticated Load test creation
- Preconfigured load test templates like smoke, baseline, spike, stress,
- Drag and drop load testing on distribution agents on cloud
- Can be used to carry out API load testing
- Sophisticated analytics and statists features for reporting
- Fast conversion of functional testing from SoapUI as load tests
- BlazeMeter Tool
BlazeMeter tool can help to test the performance of phone applications, websites, web applications, and APIs. The tool gives an agile platform that is compatible with Selenium, Apache JMeter, and various other similar open-source tools. The tool is useful to carry out a continuous delivery process by providing integration with the development environment. It also provides a powerful analytics and reporting function.
- Rapidly pinpoints defects using in-built error report function
- Descriptive and interactive report timeline graph to prepare the clear report
- Comprehensive load tests using both, API frontend and backend
- Uses JSON and YAML syntax for developers using these languages
- Silk Performer Tool
Silk Performer tool is an enterprise-scale stress and load testing tool. This specific load test tool has the ability to test multiple application environments with 1000 plus concurrent users. It also supports the extensive range of protocols. It is perfectly designed to ensure a consistent user experience across different devices.
- A peak load scenario can be generated
- Real-world load tests & user pattern can be simulated
- Existing bump tests can be used to speed up the test cycle
- Provides integration with APM tools to resolve performance glitches like loitering objects, memory leaks, etc.
- End-to-end diagnostics to pinpoint flaws from the user perspective
- Rational Performance Tester
IBM RPT is an automated performance and load testing tool that determines the presence and reason of system performance bottlenecks. Rational Performance Tester is developed by IBM Corporation. It allows the develop team to validate the reliability and scalability of web-based apps before deployment into a production environment.
- Offers real-time reporting for immediate awareness of performance problems at any time during a test.
- Can be utilized used for both server-based applications and web-based applications
- Pinpoint and rectifies leakages in the servers and sites
- Compatible with Oss like Mac OS X, AIX, and Microsoft Windows
- Supports load testing against apps like TCP Socket, SAP, Siebel, Citrix, SIP, HTTP,
- WAPT (Web Application Performance tool)
WAPT (Web Application Performance tool) is a tool designed particularly for websites and internet applications. This is an analyzing tool to determine the performance and output of any web application or web related interfaces. With this tool, you have the benefits to tests the web application performances under manifold environment as well as diverse load conditions.
- Offers extensions to work with Adobe Flash ASP.net, and Silverlight
- Sends reports to desktop and mobile devices for convenience
- Load Test results are revealed in 20 dissimilar detailed reports
- Provides descriptive graphs during the runtime for tracking the performance
You need to choose the best tool according to your project goals.
[Note: The following 10 load testing tools are not rated or ranked in any specific order of importance, but are listed randomly] Learn More