Software Quality Analyst (Hybrid)
We are looking for a curious, details-oriented Quality Engineer who is skilled in both manual and automated testing. You will join the team and help expand our testing regimen, ensuring that every corner of the application is covered with the most thorough test runs known to man, woman or beast, while simultaneously maintaining the responsiveness.
- Create documentation on Testing Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and bug reports assessing quality and associated risks.
- Work closely with the Mobile Development team for functional, regression and sanity testing of mobile applications.
- Work closely with the Product Team to define scope of testing, plan and define test strategy.
- Work closely with the Platform Development team for testing of the backend processes and web applications.
- Responsible for managing the Jira board from opening to completion of QE tasks and meet the deadlines for each project.
- Create, maintain and execute end-to-end test automation scripts and perform continuous testing using jenkins and saucelabs.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation on Confluence
- Communicate project status and discuss release plan with their Manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years of software testing experience in native mobile and web applications
- 1-2 years prior experience managing a team of Quality Engineers
- Strong grasp of testing methodologies for all types of testing – Functional, Regression, Sanity, Smoke, White box, and Black box testing.
- Experience with Atlassian products like Jira, Zephyr Squad and Confluence
- Experience working with Postman and API Testing (manual + automation)
- Experience in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby
- Experience with BDD Test Framework and the Gherkin scripting language
- Experience in working closely with the Software Development and Product Team in an agile environment.
- Time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and function in a fast paced and flexible environment.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Detail oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous.
- Experience in handling multiple projects at the same time in a fast paced environment.
- Experience and knowledge in the Fintech industry is an asset.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Kibana, Rundeck, AWS, Android Studio and Xcode
- Good understanding of source code management and version control systems like GitHub, SourceTree.
- Hands on experience with BDD Test Framework and Selenium
- Experience with SauceLabs is an asset